My name is Neerav & I am 30 years old. By profession, I am a customer strategy consultant in one of the largest Indian conglomerates. Being a consultant, involves hectic working hours, long travels away from family, cravings to eat delicacies of countries which are not necessarily nutritious (most of the times :), etc..
Till now you must have guessed that by virtue of my profession globe-trotting is something that is a part of my job + it becomes even better since I have a passion for travelling as well. Apart from traveling, I am extremely passionate about fitness. It’s something that I have been inclined to since my teenage life (probably I got it from my father, as he was a Colonel in the Indian Army)
Being a skinny guy right since childhood, I always wanted to beef up / have a huge physique & that’s what I exactly did. A year back I weighed 90 kgs, arms 18 inches, at that point of time I believed in the mantra “Eat whatever you want, but hit the gym”, however, I felt I wasn’t fit. I always use to feel that something is lacking. One fine day I woke up & decided to change my entire lifestyle & that’s the time I got hooked on intermittent fasting to deplete the fat layer & build muscle by bringing about a 360* variation in my exercise schedule.
What goals did you achieve since adding fasting into your life?
– Weight : Reduced from 90 kgs to 68kgs (current)
– BMI : Reduced from 28.4 to 21 (current)
– Body fat % : reduced from 19 to 9% (current)
– Feel healthier & fitter
Top 3 recommendations
1. I follow 20:4, hence would recommend that to everyone
2. Eat clean during the fasting window. I personally keep an eye on my macros & calories (DO NOT BINGE EAT)
3. HYDRATE + black coffee: are my go to’s when I am feeling hungry during my fasting window
What motivates you to continue with this lifestyle?
1. Not to sound cliche but yes I WANT TO BE A BETTER VERSION OF MYSELF DAY AFTER DAY & NOW I HAVE REALIZED THAT THE BEST PROJECT YOU CAN WORK ON IS YOU…
2. The IMPACT it has had on me as an individual (lifestyle, fitness, etc.)
3. Last but not least: praises I receive from my friends, family, colleagues
Anything else you would like to share?
The initiative that you guys are driving is noteworthy & commendable. Educating individuals on benefits of fasting is super + it also helps people like me to keep getting bite-size knowledge in the most interactive manner & most importantly the benefits keep coming in front of you day after day thereby making you want to stick to your diet even more.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM!!!